Re: [OT] Posting styles

On 08/04/12 10:30, PMA wrote:

> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> Please don't top-post. How hard is it to move the cursor?
>>
>> On 08/04/12 00:14, PMA wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>>> Nobody in signing thinks a signature is needed to identify him.
>>
>> Nobody?
>>
>> Are you serious?

I take that you are unable to defend your assertion that signing has a
point without having to validate the sender. ie. it demonstrates that
the email from an unverified sender is verified.

<snipped>

> Not hard whatsoever.  I'm afraid that, hearing so much talk here to
> the effect that there is "no rule"

There is no "rule" or "policeman" to enforce it.

There's a community convention which people adopt to get along with each
other. You are free to ignore it and expect
people to read you posts twice. We have filters.

> , I missed the apparently actual rule against top-posting!

I read the list - I read to post where you trolled on that before.