Re: Problems in fonts in console appear again (and rant on /etc/default)

On Fri 06 Apr 2012 at 21:45:00 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 12:48:35AM +0100, Brian wrote:
> >
> > And run 'setupcon' after making the changes?
>
> This works for me. :-)
>
> I never had thought about configuring the console before.
>
> My issue had been 80-character fonts for GRUB, then tiny
> fonts (132 columns?) after boot.
>
> 32x16 is a good size for me, however Terminus is squarish,
> uglier than the default font IMO.

It's a matter of taste but I'm inclined to agree with you. However, you
can get used to them if you use the console a lot, and I don't think
there is anything else easily available if you want a decent sized font.

Have a look at the use of a VARIANT for quickly changing font size on a
particular terminal. The setupcon manual explains it well.

> OT RANT: Debian's use of /etc/default drives me nuts!

Welcome to the land of a 1001 configuration files.