Re: Line wrapping and message retrieval in Icedove.

On 06/04/12 09:45, Peter Easthope wrote:
> On 05/04/12 04:33 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 06/04/12 04:27, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>> <snipped>
>>
>> Hello. Are you from the past?

</joke>

> Not sure we are on the same wavelength here but the first copy of the
> message didn't appear in the archive for so long that I assumed
> a configuration error remained.

I guessed it was something like that.

> I made some minor adjustment to
> exim and tried again.  Eventually both copies appeared in the archive.
> Should have sent the first copy and then left it for later in the day.
>
> Regards,            ... Peter E.

Only 6 minutes difference (greylist queue) in the email processing at
both ends of your posting - so I'd suspect the delay was in publishing
to the webserver not some setting at your end. I've known the post to
publish to take hours. I don't know what the post to resend delay is.
I'm guessing it's usually just minutes.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-