Re: Line wrapping and message retrieval in Icedove.

On 06/04/12 03:03, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
<snipped>

>  I was just complaining
> about HTML which runs on for hundreds of characters without
> a line break.

Fair complaint.
Only two possible causes (both have an idiot driving) -
preformatting and tables. Otherwise it would wrap to suit the window of
the viewers choice. A common offender is those obnoxious email "themes"
with a hard screen width set that the idiot driving thinks looks pretty
on their widescreen. Often accompanied by such digital nasties as
animated emoticons and blinking text.(Outhouse and Incredidumb)
I dislike those emails only slightly less than the fascism of pdfs and
powerpoints. At least some of the bad HTML (pre tags) I can fix with
javascript.

> I don't put HTML into a message except an
> attachment for a legitimate purpose.

There can be reasons to use HTML in the main body. There can also be
reasons to reply to HTML email with another HTML email consisting solely
of a single bitmap screen-scrape from a wide-screen text document (or an
A1 pdf).

> CONCLUSION
> Currently I can send a message using mutt or iceweasel or
> ETH Native Oberon or a Web based interface to the server.
> FWIIW almost all of my messages are sent with ETHNO.  Just
> my eccentric tastes.

Glad to hear it's working for you now. Organised is eccentric now? (sigh)

> Thanks for the help,         ... Peter E.

<snipped>

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-