Re: Problems in fonts in console appear again

On 04/04/12 19:35, James Brown wrote:
> After upgrading from lenny to sqeeuze last year I faced witha problem of
> fonts in the console.
> Problem has been overcome in this way:

> After installing the kernel linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 I have
> problems with fonts/video again: when loading new kernel I have a small
> screen size so as in console as in X11.
> I exclude "video = LVDS-1:640 x 480" from grub configuration. After that
> the new kernel load fine, but I have very small fonts in my console so
> as last summer after upgrading from lenny to squeeze.
> Have any ideas?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying above....

Try the following in /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset
video=uvesafb:mode_option=$finalresolutionanddepth,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"

Then run:-
# update-grub

Where $finalresolutionanddepth is something like 1024x768-32 (eg.
800x600-24) depending on what you use on the desktop.

NOTE: this is not the same as as the xrandr instruction you are/were using.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-