Re: correct English usage

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 16:21, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 April 2012 20:36:07 consultores wrote:
>> The other point, is that native speaker, does not mean "excellence"; it
>> only mean that this person just speaks one dialect/language from the
>> begining of his life!
>
> But in many, if not most, cases, has also been educated in it.

I respectfully disagree. The native speakers of Hebrew and English
that I know are the least educated in the usage of those languages. It
is the immigrants who really study the language. That said, the
Russians do seems to be very well learned of their language. Any
question I have on Russian language the average Russian can explain.

> And native
> speakers are much more likely to be au fait with current usage.

With this part I agree. If you want the fine manual to read like the
current slang or hip hop song, then a native speaker is far preferable
to a learned immigrant.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il