Re: correct English usage

On 04/03/2012 01:28 PM, Doug wrote:
On 04/03/2012 04:21 PM, Lisi wrote:
On Tuesday 03 April 2012 20:36:07 consultores wrote:
The other point, is that native speaker, does not mean "excellence"; it
only mean that this person just speaks one dialect/language from the
begining of his life!
But in many, if not most, cases, has also been educated in it. And native
speakers are much more likely to be au fait with current usage.
Hello Lisi
Yes, but please remember that, Old English + Latin, built the Middle English, and Modern English came from a mixture with other languages. It is clearly reflected when English words are substituted by Latin root words. At this time the meaning is different. I think that might in any other language, there are colloquial and Academic Language.

I suppose that in this list, we could use an understandable language, because it is more convenient for the users.

When I took the French Bac., the criterion laid down for the aural English exam was that marks would be awarded for speaking as would a native speaker,
explicitly in preference to the "correct" usage.

Here, i only can ask, what side of the dichotomy could be considered as an undoubted true?

Lisi

+1 !