Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Pierre Frenkiel
<pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
>> I don't understand what you mean here, could you please elaborate?
>

>  Yes I can...
>
>  All the discussion started about the following sentence in section 4.4.6
>  of the Squeeze Release Notes:
>

>      The upgrade process for other releases recommended the use of
>      aptitude for the upgrade.

The entirety of the text from the cited portion of 4.4.6 of the
document you linked:

"Note
The upgrade process for other releases recommended the use of aptitude
for the upgrade. This tool is not recommended for upgrades from lenny
to squeeze."

It appears that whatever confusion may have been caused by other
portions of the release notes are pretty clearly settled by the above
note.  "This tool [aptitude] is not recommended for upgrades from
lenny to squeeze."

--
Chris