Re: Installing genesys on Debian

Thanks, Keith.  Your reply is appreciated.

On Saturday 31 March 2012 17:29:19 Keith McKenzie wrote:
> Was there a README to go with it?

Several.  But they are of no help at all. :-(  All about permissions - which
shouldn't have any effect when one is running as root.  I tried running as
root in case permissions were the problem.  (They often are with scanners.)

It also says that when you run scanimage -L you will get a result if your
scanner is supported by SANE.  I don't get a result - but the SANE website
says explicitly that support for the scanner I have is complete - that is why
I bought it - and the SANE website is the source of the tarball that seems
not to be what I need. :-(

Lisi