Re: chroot ssh and ftp

Hi there  wlan and Keith,

I'm not so sure it's that simple, but I would be glad if it is.

When I say "browse", I mean through ftp or through commands in a login
session with bash, like 'cd' or a simple 'ls /etc'.

(I thought the "subject" would make it clear, ssh and ftp, but
actually it is bash and ftp)

Also, if a student is simply a 777 permission, they all can spy on
each others files, buy issuing things like
$cp /home/sam/samfile.txt /home/simon/

If all this can be done using only group permissions, I would need
help to learn more about how to setup it, because I don't know how
it's done.

Thanks,
Beco

--
Dr. Beco
A.I. research, Cognitive Scientist and Philosopher