Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 14:55:20 Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > How exactly does this contradict the Release Notes?
>
> 1/  The upgrade process for other releases recommended the use of aptitude
>      for the upgrade.
>
> This is in chapter 4: Upgrades from Lenny, so seems to actually apply to
> major system upgrades.
>
> 2/  apt-get ... and is the preferred program for package management from
> console to perform system installation and major system upgrades
>
> Do you mean that 1/ does not contradict 2/ ?

That is correct.

> If so, I have to go back to school to better understand English...

Tenses are often very difficult for non-native speakers of English to
understand.  The past tense and the present tense are clearly distinguished,
so 1) which is in the past tense, does not contradict and is not contradicted
by 2) which is in the present tense.

Lisi