Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

hi,
what is the point? the so-called old 2.6. kernel does not differ much from the new 3.0 ones. so: be patient. wheezy-completed comes when ready.

reg.,

steef

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) schreef:
Hi,

I am actually looking forward to Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x. As we all
know, Debian 6.0.x is still using the old Linux Kernel 2.6.

When will Debian 7.0 be released? Debian with Linux Kernel 3.x release seems
very slow when all the other Linux distros already have the latest Linux
Kernel 3.x. Why do I want Linux Kernel 3.x? Because I want to play around with
Xen virtualization (dom0 required).

Debian developers, please speed up! I love Ubuntu and Debian Linux!!! I am
already using Debian wheezy with my Samsung Intel Atom N455 1.6 GHz netbook,
with Shorewall Firewall configuration.

Thank you very much.