Re: When will Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x be Released?

On 27/03/2012 14:38, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2012-03-27 07:04, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) skrev:
I am actually looking forward to Debian 7.0 with Linux Kernel 3.x. As we
all know, Debian 6.0.x is still using the old Linux Kernel 2.6.

Why do I want Linux Kernel 3.x? Because I want to play
around with Xen virtualization (dom0 required).

Debian developers, please speed up!

I would recommend debian testing, wheezy (to become debian 7), even before it is formally released. I use debian testing (currently wheezy) as my primary os, and in my experience it is more reliable than (non-LTS) releases of ubuntu.

It might require more knowledge, but if your aim is defined as "playing around", I do not think that should be a hindrance.

Advice will vary a lot, and the above is only my personal opinion.

Debian 7 is expected to be frozen this summer, and I think people expect a release sometime in late autumn or winter, perhaps early next year.

Regards

Johan

Dear Johan,

I am living in Singapore, where it is summer all year round. I do not know when it is summer, autumn or winter. Are you saying Debian 7 will only be released early next year? So slow!

Btw I am already using Debian testing/wheezy on my Samsung Intel Atom netbook.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore