Re: icedove password problem

On 27/03/12 09:35, Gary Roach wrote:
> I had to change the password on my verizon email account. Now verizon
> email refuses to accept email I send to one of my accounts because the
> password Icedove is sending is wrong. How do I go about fixing this.
> Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords displays the passwords for my
> other account and my incoming password for the troublesome account but
> none for outgoing.

In the Preferences dialog, select the password for the Verizon
account[*1], click on the Remove button, then close the dialog.

Back in the main Icedove window "Get Mail" for your Verizon account.
You'll be prompted for your (new) password.

[*1]You only have one password per account - this is a restriction
imposed by your provider, not by Icedove.

> Gary R.

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-