Re: Unneeded directory..from what?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:20:01 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

> I'm doing some cleaning of my system and while looking for an answer to
> another issue, I discovered this
> file:  /etc/default/kdm.d/10_desktop-base
>
> I do not use kde at all and have never installed it on this system. I
> see nothing showing 'residual' files or configs installed, so where did
> this come from, & can I just delete it? frosty

The file is part of "desktop-base" package, I also have it installed in
Lenny. As long as I have the package installed, I wouldn't touch it.

sm01@stt008:~$ dpkg -l | grep desktop-base
ii  desktop-base                         5.0.3                 common files for the Debian Desktop

Greetings,

--
Camaleón