Re: Installing Debian as VirtualBox guest - which videodriver to install?

On 26/03/12 04:58, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed on my Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid host on VirtualBox
> the Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid as guset using the
> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/netboot/mini.iso
>
> so I get virtual consoles but not a desktop environment.
>
> I don't know whichvideodriver to install to get X Window on guest
> system?
>
> On host system I have installed xserver-xorg-video-nvidia. Should I
> install it on the guest system too?

No. See the answers from Greg and Christofer and note that there are two
different virtualbox releases.

Greg is describing the procedure for virtualbox-ose and Christofer is
correct for virtualbox-4.1 (Oracle VM VirtualBox).

Aside from license, the difference is basically USB support.

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-