Re: US Weather Bureau video displays have stopped working

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:55:53 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
> Ensure your browser is giving preference to the Flash Player plugin over
> Gnash.
>
> I installed flashplugin-nonfree and the problem went away with no
> changes in IceWeasel's settings.  I suspect that the security update for
> gnash had something to do with the problem.

Yes, I discovered some time ago, that when it comes to Firefox plugins
"times matter". That is, the most updated plugin file there exists takes
preference over others so if your gnash plugin was updated recently, it
will become the default for the browser.

I have solved this by "touching" the ".so" file and thus updating its
"last modified" date:

touch .mozilla/firefox/*.default/plugins/libflashplayer.so

It's like magic. After that (and having restarted the browser), the flash
player plugin reclaims its realm.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón