Re: simple stand-alone firewall

Russell L. Harris wrote at 2012-03-24 02:02 -0500:
> Is there a good firewall application in Debian which provides a secure
> default configuration?  Or must I learn how to configure a firewall?

Hopefully you are able to find something simple to use, but if you do learn
how to configure a firewall, I can recommend the ferm package.  Ferm is
simple to use after learning a bit about iptables, and much faster than
custom iptables scripts.  There is more information and an example script at:
http://wiki.debian.org/ferm