RE: packet loss after Lenny Squeeze upgrade

Hi,

We have pinned it down even further.
Problem server has multiple nic. Test server is connected to eth0 of problem server.

Using the test server:
Ping the switch to which the problem server is connected and I have no packet loss.
Ping the ip for eth0 and I have no packet loss.
Ping the ip for eth1 and I DO have packet loss.

Seems it is going wrong somewhere after the packet has arrived on the server and gets lost in routing or something like it.

The eth0 NIC uses the Trigon3 driver. Others use the Trigon3 or the Intel Pro 1000 driver.

I cannot just remove the firewall as it is needed for the correct function of the server, it's function is to be a router/firewall.

Switch logs show nothing wrong. Ethernet port speeds/duplex settings have been checked and are ok.

Pinging other machines on the network from the test server shows no packet loss so it seems it is not a network problem but realy a problem on that server itself.

Yours sincerely,
Bonno Bloksma
senior systemadministrator

tio