Re: Query about hard drive partitions maintenance

On 21/03/12 14:47, Bret Busby wrote:
In my primary partition, I have three partitions. I have a hardware
manufacturer's partition, a recovery partition, and, as the computer
came with MS Windows, a Windows partition, which is 84GB.

Having inmstalled Ubuntu and Debian 6, I want to experiment with a
different operating system, which requires to be installed in a primary
partition (otherwise, I could instal it in one of the unused partitions).

As you have stated, MS Windows is using 3 primary drives, & you & your Linux installations are using the 4th.

Sorry, but there are no primary partitions left.