Re: OT: Chromium and HTTPS search machine by default.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:07:49 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Is it possible to set default search engine in chromium that uses HTTPS
> protocol?

Nobody replied to your bug? :-?

chromium: does not let to set as default https search engine.

> For now I have it in "Other search engines" of Basics / Search Engines
> and navigating at its line, no button "Make default" appears - like in
> "Default search options" and it seems no way that makes it possible to
> move the record of the desired search machine from "Other search
> engines" to "Default search options".

I don't know Chromium much but could it be possible to manually edit the
URI for the default search engine (http://) and once is set to default,
edit the URI part to append the "https://";?

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95653

Greetings,