Re: Problem Installing libc6 (eglibc) from netboot image

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > You realize that skype is one of those evil applications!  A kitten
> > dies every time another user signs up for it.  :-)
>
> I'd be very happy to know of any real alternative that can do:
>
> - sound + video
> - NAT traversal
> - support for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X

I have successfully used Ekiga cross platform for all of the above.
But I accept that it isn't an equivalent to Skype.  It probably won't
meet other not specified requirements to call it a "real alternative".
But as with many things being free(dom) software has advantages too.

But Ekiga does meet your specific points of sound + video and it does
to NAT traversal and it worked successfully for me between my Debian
GNU/Linux machine and a MS-XP machine.  And it is packaged for Debian.

  http://ekiga.org/

But to frame the date correctly I used it solidly off and on for
several months through the summer and fall of 2009.  I haven't been
using it recently.  But it worked awesomely for me then.

Bob