Re: vsftp problems (SOLVED)

Well, isn't this embarrassing. Nowhere does it say that you may have to reboot your systems after installation of vsftpd. When I found that a script for vsftpd had been installed in the rc*.d files I decided to see what would happen if I rebooted the system. This fixed the problems on every one of the machines. All are running in inet,d mode - I don't care what the documentation says about my setup being standalone. I think that there needs to be some documentation changes but I am not sure what. A rewrite of the vsftpd.conf files explanations would be a big help.

I thank you all for your help and patience.

Gary R.