Re: libflash (64 bit) problem on kongregate.com

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:05:56 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

> 2012/3/19 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:

>>>     When I set
>>>
>>> allowThirdPartyLSOAccess
>>>
>>>   to true, it works.
>>
>> Where did you set that value? Firefox (browser), Adobe Flash Plugin
>> settings? I don't remember of having to do any adjustment for it :-?
>
> vi
>
>   more precisely
>
> vi
> ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/settings.sol

Is that file directly editable? :-?

>>>     Now this is a little bit worrying (I don't know what it's for,
>>>   but it looks like it's privacy related).
>>>
>>>     Does anybody know what this setting is for ?
>>
>> Nope, sorry, never heard of that before :-)
>
>     As I expected (google helps !)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_shared_object Local shared objects
> (LSOs), commonly called flash cookies
>
>     I am re-enabling cross-site cookies. I do not find *where* I
>   can disable it and *when* I did it, however I have disabled cross-site
>   cookies and that's what blocks kongregate games.

I did hear about flash cookies but I don't know where the settings can be
configured... oh, wait, there's a "control panel" for adobe flash plugin I
never install, maybe this value can be tweaked from there.

Or here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

But I can't see any option to enable/disable that setting.

>     I'm trying to find a workaround...

No way. Sites require cookies, all require cookies right now. I do allow all
cookies for any site, but I delete all of them when I close the browser (which
happens every minute :-P). It's annoying having to deal with an amnesic
browser but it avoids many headaches (like this of yours) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón