Can Pan sort threads by date of most recent post?

When  I sort threads by date in Pan, it sorts them by their oldest posts,
that is, the first post made in the thread.  Is it possible to get it to
sort threads by their most recent post, so I get the currently most
active threads near the top of the list?

If Pan won't do this, should I be using some other newsreader instead?

The present behaviour would seem to encourage people to start new threads
to get attention when an existing thread would provide better context.

-- hendrik