Re: Re: vsftp problems

El 2012-03-14 a las 12:43 -0700, Gary Roach escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> On the client
>>>
>>> root@xxxxxx1:/etc# ftp xxxxxx2
>>> Connected to xxxxxx2.home.
>>> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
>>> ftp>
>>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Mmm, are you using the sparc package?

> Sorry about the html. I have icedove set to auto detect. Not sure what
> that means for send.

No prob.

That means that Icedove will use the default sending format setting
defined for your account, which by default is "html". You need to
manually toggle "text format" at message composing when you want to get
text based e-mails :-)

> I am not using the sparc package, just standard Debian Linux squeeze
> distribution

Mmm, then I would try one of these suggestions and see how it goes:

Troubleshooting vsftp problem – common problems related to vsftp
http://myliteraturetechlife.com/troubleshooting-vsftp-problem-common-problems-related-to-vsftp/

Also, there is a plethora of links pointing to that error message in
Google, maybe you find something useful in here:

http://goo.gl/JdaZk

(sorry for using a shortener service but it was a long URI :-/)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón