Re: Chromium, the sync server is busy, please try again later (6.0.472.63 (59945) Built on Debian 6.0, running on Debian 6.0.4)

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:45:22 +0100, Bernard van de Koppel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi. Please, no html formatted messages, thanks :-)
>
>> I ran into an issue, where chromium in my Debian laptop won't sync with
>> my my profile.
>> I already removed the date from the google dashboard (
>> https://www.google.com/dashboard/?hl=nl), but this does not seem to
>> help.
>>
>> Signing in to the account works fine (before and after the "stop
>> synchronisation and remove data from google (translate from dutch)). But
>> after the "configure sync" window, I get  the error "The sync server is
>> busy, please try again later."
>
> Have you already checked if the account has been confirmed? This usually
> means that your e-mail address is properly verified.
>
> Are you seeing further errors/warnings on your account settings?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Hi,

I run into the same problem. The problem is that the chromium version
is too old. I tried to solve it, but no success. Then I tried to
backport the chromium from sid, but some packages are too old in
squeeze to do that. At the end I recompile chromium with the source
that I downloaded from http://www.chromium.org/ Another option is to
install chrome... but I do like that. It would be great to have a
newer version in chromium in backports. That is a big problem with
Debian. I do not mind to have old versions of the software, indeed I
prefer to have a stable system. But the browser should be updated, or
at least have the option to use an updated version of the browser.

Best,
Daniel