Re: debconf configuration question in one window

Hi

On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 07:05 +0000, Bilal mk wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to build a debian package for my web application. It will ask two question.

But i want this question in single window. Currently it will prompt two separate window.

Please help me how to do this on single window?

Whether questions are displayed as a single or two "windows" is entirely up to the debconf front-end - it is not under the control of maintainer scripts.

For example, the Gnome front-end will ask multiple questions in one window, whereas the dialog front-end will not.

In my experience: if you appear to need both questions asked "at the same time", the real problem is the templates: They should contain enough information for the user to make a sensible response of any single question - regardless of whether they are presented as one window with 2 questions or two consecutive windows.

Hope this helps