Re: Exim4: incoming Internet mail to internal mail server

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:54:01 +0100, johnb wrote:

> I'm trying to configure Exim4 on Debian 6.04 for incoming mail only.
> Exim should accept all mail for domain "mydomain.example" from Internet
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For that scenario be possible, "mydomain.example" has to be routeable and
accesible worldwide otherwise nobody would be able to exchange messages
with your host but from your own local network.

> and forward to another mail server (internal.existingdomain.example).
> How can I configure Exim4 to do that?

(...)

I think you want a "smarthost" setup.

> Bottom part of a SMTP session:
> rcpt to: <test@mydomain.example>
> 550 Unrouteable address

And I guess it's right. Exim is trying to perform a lookup for the domain
and fails.

What's the output of "host -t mx mydomain.example"?

> mydomain.example is not yet on public DNS,
> internal.existingdomain.example is on public DNS.

That can be the problem...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón