Re: OT Apache Open Office

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 01:09:10PM -0800, Greg Madden wrote:
> I have been using dev builds, now rc's, of AOO for a while now. For my work,
> archived documents & templates this is working out better, for my use scenario,
> than LO ver 3.4.x and later.

That's interesting. Do you mean there are things you can open with AOO that
won't open with LO? That surprises me, because I was under the impression
that LO had moved on *a lot* from OO, and AOO had not.  So either I'm wrong,
or LO has regressed in some cases.

> There are differences between AOO & LO, significant enough to warrant having a
> choice in Debian of which one to use.

Someone will have to step up and put the work in to package AOO, for the
choice to exist "in Debian".

--
Jon Dowland