Re: customizing the menu bar

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:20:46 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> i tried  the testing version wheezy, which runs gnome3. i want to
> customize the menu bar   by adding a button ( the arrow on left or right
> on gnome2) to hide or show the bar.
>
> often i want to use entire screen,  the bar disturb me.
>
> please where can i do it?  the right click on the bar is disabled.??

If you are using gnome-shell there is an extension for hiding the top
panel:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/42/auto-hide-top-panel/version/99/

If you are using gnome-classic, you can still add applets to the panel by
pressing the "Alt" key while you "right click" on it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón