Re: [vastly OT] Audiobooks

On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:03 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:

> What I didn't like about them even before, was their audio quality, which leaves a lot to be desired.

I used to edit audio for BJ Harrison, one of Audiobooks' readers. I've heard a lot of abysmal sound from several audio book suppliers, but never from BJ. The ones I didn't like were very badly recorded -- readers that sounded like the mike was across the room, cooling fans in the background, just plain old bad readings, etc. But BJ always read and recorded his work well.

Google "BJ Harrison". Get his Huck Finn and Sherlock Holmes readings at least. Last I looked (a while back) they were decent mp3s, and didn't cost anything if you can get them from his podcasts...

--
Glenn English