recent version of iceape buggy?

Since the last some days, I am experiencing a slowness and sluggishness
in the text I type in Iceape's location bar (this version of iceape has
the new blue logo). For the first some times, it appears fine, but then
the response of the location bar slows down very fast and becomes
sluggish. Eventually, it starts missing typed characters and then iceape
crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this as well? This is on Debian testing, using
Iceape 2.7.2-1.

Regards,
HS.

ever having been read.