Re: X forwarding to a Windows 7 PC

----- Original Message -----
From: yudi v
Sent: 3/8/2012 4:23:56 AM
Subject: X forwarding to a Windows 7 PC

Hi all,

I am trying to forward X from a Debian PC (laptop) to windows 7 pc
(desktop) without using SSH.

Will either use xming or mobaxterm on windows 7 pc

After some research, it looks like it can be done by copying the X
server cookie over to the windows 7 PC.

then use the following command to launch the programs on the windows pc.

-display hostname:display#.screen#

Both the PCs are directly connected and have access to each others
files using cifs tools/Samba.

As the computers are only few meters apart, I dont think a SSH
connection is needed.

I haven't tried this yet, is there anything I need to be aware of
before going down this path. I mean are there any security implication
doing this.

Also which one is
--
Kind regards,
Yudi

IIRC there is a version requirement for Samba to play nice with W7.  Google for Samba and Windows 7

Larry