Help -> About says:

	About Document Viewer

	Document Viewer 2.30.3
	Document Viewer
	Using poppler/cairo (0.12.4)
	(c) 1996-2009 The Evince authors
	http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince

> What does 'incorrectly' mean?

Some images and text blocks have chunks broken out of them and rearranged on the page.

If somebody wants me to scan a hard copy and e-mail it to them, I can do that.

> Does it 'print' correctly if you print to file instead of hardware printer?

Printing to a file creates output.pdf. output.pdf looks correct using Document Viewer, but prints incorrectly (identical with hardcopy obtained by printing from source file directly).

> My guess is that there is a bug in the Debian printer driver (?).

How do I test that hypothesis?

> You sohuld try and pin down what printer driver you are using.

How do I determine what printer driver my system is using?

Camaleón wrote:
> Can you print the said pages with another PDF viewer or is just Evince that fails?
> It depends on where ths bug can be:
> - PDF viewer
> To discard this try to print from a different application

Please suggest another PDF viewer that is available using apt-get and I will test.

> - Printing system or drivers
> If you get the same error when printing from different programs the problem can be in drivers/PPD file of printer settings. You can also try with a different PPD file (PCL6 instead PostScript).

STFW:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_p2055dn.html

Leads me to believe that Debian 6.0.4 should support my HP LaserJet P2055dn OOTB.

> - The generated PDF file itself that has some sort of incompatibility
problem with your printer settings or drivers.

Hopefully, that will be repeatable for someone with Debian 6.0.4 and an HP LaserJet P2055dn.

David