Network connection lost - Debian Lenny kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64

Hello,

I have problems with a system under lenny amd64 5.0.5.

My server serves as a apache reverse proxy. During production, i lost network connectivity, got no response from ping.
Thought my server has crashed, but when i arrived face to my server, i saw the system was always up.
After logging into my shell, unable to go away the network.

An ifconfig gave me my configuration, eth up
route gave me the good routes (with the good default one)
Got Carrier detect onto my network card

My hardware is a Dell PE 1950 with a Broadcom 5708 as NIC.
The kernel is a 2.6.26-2-amd64 standard, no custom.

After ifdown,ifup /etc/init.d/networking restart, no way to get back my connection.
I got to reboot my hardware. This time i could get back my network connection.

I've read my logs (messages,kern.log,syslog,mail.log, daemon.log, debug, snort, samhain, ...) No message explaining my problem !

The server get offline on 11.34 A.M. (got logs entries onto mail.log that says domain names not available with MX problem) and get back on 12.05 A.M. (hard reboot)
So at 11.34 A.M. , something went wrong, but no explanation to provide.

The only entry in my logs that could be interesting is in syslog are on 11.18 with A.M.  "Treason Uncloack" shrinking window.
But this is just the problem with syn_cookies.

On my monitoring (onto centreon) no special warning, no more with cacti, just a loss connexion.

If somebody as already heard about this problem, i would appreciate any information about this issue.

Thanks.

Benoit Lair, Network and System Administrator.