[SOLVED] How do I suppress dpms mode setting messages on text console?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 20:39:20 -0500 (EST), Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 05/03/12 05:08, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> Isn't this a "/proc/sys/kernel/printk" issue?
>>
>> You can set "kernel.printk = 3 4 1 3" in "/etc/sysctl.conf".
>

> Yes - *that* should work (I haven't tested as I don't run the open
> driver - but I've used it to suppress other annoying messages)
>
> Won't apply until reboot though. For immediate effect:-
> echo "3 4 1 3" > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

Thanks, Scott and Tom.  Based on the information that the two of
you supplied, I have found a solution.  I ended up setting

kernel.printk = 6 4 1 6

For my situation, that was sufficient.  The messages that I was
trying to suppress were at level 7 (debug-level messages); so setting
the console loglevel to 6 was sufficient in my case.  Thanks again.
Thanks also to all who replied.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :