Re: ddclient configure to recognize the eth0 and wlan0 at the same time

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 09:59:55PM +0800, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How to configure ddclient to recognize the eth0 and wlan0 at the same time,
>>
>> # /etc/ddclient.conf
>>
>> protocol=dyndns2
>> #use=web, web=checkip.dyndns.com, web-skip='IP Address'
>>
>> use=if, if=eth0
>> #use=if, if=wlan0
>> server=members.dyndns.org
>> login=lina
>> password='827827'
>>

>> # ddclient restart
>> WARNING:  unable to determine IP address
>>
>> so when use the wireless I need comment use=if, if=eth0 and uncomment
>> use=if, if=wlan0 each time,
>>
> I have this line in my ddclient.conf, instead of use=if...
>
> use=web, web=checkip.dyndns.org/, web-skip='IP Address'

Thanks, you might not notice there was a commented line of  use=web,
web=checkip.dyndns.org/, web-skip='IP Address'
in the configure file.

I tried that before.
It can successfully update the IP. but has problem when I ssh from
outside. it complained the hostname unknown.
After I changed it to use=if, if=wlan0, and restart ddclient.  it can
ssh into from outside.

That's why I asked.