Re: rsync

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM, HP <debian@spahan.ch> wrote:

> On 02.03.2012 15:33, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it wrong when use
>>
>> rsync -azvu source destination
>>
>> sent 16 bytes  received 43 bytes  5.13 bytes/sec total size is
>> 1507939808  speedup is 25558301.83
>>
>> Destination $ du -sh md_0.xtc 342M    md_0.xtc
>>
>> Source $ du -sh md_0.xtc 1.5G md_0.xtc
>>
>> my confusion is that why it stopped copy the rest.
> What are the timestamps of the source and destination? from the rsync
> manual:
> - -u, --update                skip files that are newer on the receiver

remove the -u, it works.

I am lack of truly understanding the "-u", last time form list they
told me the "-u", it worked magically for that case, so I took it as
panacea, and since that day I put it in any case I used sync. sorry.

>> Actually I got lots of questions but hesitated to ask, afraid of
>> being told that those are in manuals. I have read several times but
>> couldn't figure it out.
>>
>> [1] suppose I use scp, due to the wireless is not stable, down, Can
>> I continue transferring?
> i think you want use one of those 2 options:
>    --append                append data onto shorter files
>    --append-verify         --append w/old data in file checksum

The -append not from the scp (I notice them in the rsync)?
google showed that seems the scp not support resume (at least in 2004.)

Thanks again,