Re: How do I debug kernel panic that occurs while running X?

On the next boot, /var/log/messages shoild contain the last printk's from the kernel which would include any panic.

So, one should be able to tail /var/log messages and see what the kernel did at the time of the freeze.

Remembdr that the fresh boot is appendex to /var/log/messages, so you need to scroll back a hundred lines or so.

Charles