Re: CUPS

At 11:05 AM 2/24/2012, Brian wrote:
On Thu 23 Feb 2012 at 20:10:11 -0500, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

>> You could completely purge CUPS and all its related packages. Then
>> reinstall (with the Recommends:) and install your printer.
>
> I need instructions how to do it.

Backup /etc/cups first.

   apt-get purge cups

followed by

   apt-get --purge autoremove

Unless you have set up your system not to, you'll get the recommended
packages with

   apt-get install cups

Installing the printer is done from Administration at

   http://localhost:631

There is a CUPS+Gutenprint driver for your Oki, or you could try one of
those under Generic. I'm not a great believer in reinstalling as a cure
for problems, so you could try this last step first.

Brian -

Thanks.

I trioed purging and reinstalling.  No luck.

If this helps...

When I restart the computer, the last job I sent to the printer will print.

Ethan