Re: Postgresql-8.1 Removal Problems

On 28/02/12 18:28, Camaleón wrote:
Get error: update-rc.d: warning: postgresql-8.1 stop runlevel arguments
(0 1 6) do not match LSB Default-Stop values (S 0 1 6)

How do I get rid of it.
(...)

Despite the above error which I've also seen when you stop/restart/remove
may of the init scripts, is the package still installed?

dpkg -l | grep postgre

Greetings,

I think the error message is telling you that it was started, or an attempt to start it in your default run level. (update-rc.d)

You can't get rid of a package, or at least , I don't think you can, if it is being loaded/run from your start up scripts. So stop the postgresgl daemon first before trying to remove the package.