Re: history configuration

On 02/28/2012 12:06 PM, lina wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Wayne Topa<linuxtwo@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 02/28/2012 11:19 AM, lina wrote:

Hi,

How to configure to make each terminal shared one "history"

Each terminal of different users or the same user?

The same.

I am the only user on laptop.

Here I mean terminal, refer to several terminals I opened.

Terminals, like F2 F3 F4, etc?  If so then I include this from the
debian-reference package, which I hope you have installed as it is the Debian Bible and should be read be every new Debian user.

1.1.6. Virtual consoles

In the default Debian system, there are six switchable VT100-like character consoles available to start the command shell directly on the Linux host. Unless you are in a GUI environment, you can switch between the virtual consoles by pressing the Left-Alt-key and one of the F1 — F6 keys simultaneously. Each character console allows independent login to the account and offers the multiuser environment. This multiuser environment is a great Unix feature, and very addictive.

If you are under the X Window System, you gain access to the character console 1 by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 key, i.e., the left-Ctrl-key, the left-Alt-key, and the F1-key are pressed together. You can get back to the X Window System, normally running on the virtual console 7, by pressing Alt-F7.

You can alternatively change to another virtual console, e.g. to the console 1, from the commandline.

and

.4.3. Special key strokes

In the Unix-like environment, there are few key strokes which have special meanings. Please note that on a normal Linux character console, only the left-hand Ctrl and Alt keys work as expected. Here are few notable key strokes to remember.

Table 1.14. List of key bindings for bash
key 	description of key binding
Ctrl-U 	erase line before cursor
Ctrl-H 	erase a character before cursor
Ctrl-D 	terminate input (exit shell if you are using shell)
Ctrl-C 	terminate a running program
Ctrl-Z 	temporarily stop program by moving it to the background job
Ctrl-S 	halt output to screen
Ctrl-Q 	reactivate output to screen
Ctrl-Alt-Del 	reboot/halt the system, see inittab(5)
Left-Alt-key (optionally, Windows-key) meta-key for Emacs and the similar UI
-----
Up-arrow 	start command history search under bash
^^^^^^^^^^  < this might help you lina
-----
Ctrl-R 	start incremental command history search under bash
Tab 	complete input of the filename to the command line under bash
Ctrl-V Tab 	input Tab without expansion to the command line under bash

Wayne