Re: How to direct output into the LibreOffice Calc

Just have an idear for the question 2.  See it below ...

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:06:48PM +0800, lina wrote:
>Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:06:48 +0800
>From: lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com>
>To: Debian Lists <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>Subject: How to direct output into the LibreOffice Calc
>
>Hi,
>
>I wonder:
>
>1]
>
>can the output like:
>
>5
>3
>1
>5
>3
>
>direct it into the LibreOffice directly. without copy and paste.
>
>2]
>
>Is it possible to do a quick sum calculations for some output on terminal.
>
>like the sum of
>
>3
>16
>3
>3
>9

We can write a shell script like below to get the sum:

#!/bin/bash
SUM=0
while read NUMBER
do
	expr $SUM + $NUMBER
done
echo $SUM

It may be useful.  What I want to remind to you is that you should make sure
every line of the input is a number and there is no blank line.