Re: when an xterm starts, it always starts in ~/Documents

On 27/02/12 17:50, Tom H wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Alberto Fuentes
<alberto.fuentes@qindel.com>  wrote:
On 25/02/12 02:59, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

Whenever I start an xterm, I notice that it starts in ~/Documents rather
than in the home directory. Why is that? Where is it set?

And can it be set to the HOME directory?

well, its something of kde. Im using testing and it happens the same to me.
i did not found where is set in kde. I asked in #debian-kde and i was told
to just 'cd' at the end of my .bashrc and, you know what? it works :D

But that doesn't explain why it's happening.

Agreed. But I put the command in .bashrc, .bash_profile and .profile and, indeed, it does work. I don't mind having a Documents sub-directory. I just object to being put there without my permission. Who's in control here? Is it the KDE team or me? Well!