Re: NAS no longer mounting at boot

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:55:10 +0000, Russell Gadd wrote:

> I have this in /etc/fstab
> //nasbox/dataNAS /mnt/dataNAS cifs rw,user,exec,iocharset=utf8,user=xyz,password=xxx,uid=1000,gid=1000

Mmm, I would try with a simpler line for the share, just to check:

//ip_address/dataNAS /mnt/dataNAS cifs rw,user=xyz,pass=password 0 0

> Up to recently it used to mount at boot time but doesn't any more. I
> assume some update changed things. Unfortunately I only use this system
> once or twice a week and I noticed it a week or so ago, so I can't tell
> you exactly when this behaviour started. Can't see anything obvious in
> dmesg (but then I'm not particularly clued up on Debian).

Do you have something registered at "/var/log/boot"? Note that "bootlogd"
has to be enabled first.

> If I use "mount -a" at a root terminal the NAS mounts ok, so it's not a
> show-stopper but is a bit annoying to do this manually at each boot.

That can indicate the problem is just at booting time and thus it could
be related to the (lack of) network intialization.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón