Re: New laptop won't boot off of boot disc

On 02/24/2012 02:15 PM, Eric Galaxy wrote:
I created two different boot discs to install Debian on my new laptop.
The laptop will not boot up off of either of them.  I tried booting off
another boot disc, and it booted without problems. Anyone have ideas
what the problem and solution are?

--
Eric
post your system specs.

Does it do nothing when you try? What actually happens when you boot it? locks up? stays with a blank screen? The more info you can share I am sure more can help you with greater ease. Did you verify the checksums? Tried booting with nomodeset?