Re: How to avoid screen blanking?

On 02/24/2012 12:32 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Felix Koop wrote:
I have a problem with my sid installation. The screen is turning blank
after about 30s of inactivity on mouse/keyboard. I have already set dpms
mode off (xset -dpms) and deactivated the screensavers (xset s 0), but
no luck. Has anybody any idea what might be the reason or how I could
debug the situation?

In addition to the above your desktop manager may be screensaving.
You didn't say which window manager or desktop manager you were using
but most of them have similar but different ways of setting this.
Check the preferences and see if you can find a configuration setting
for it.

If you mention what desktop manager you are using then someone on the
list will know something about that particular one and can help
further.

Bob
oh and if you use xscreensaver it uses its own DPMS settings.

you can set up xscreensaver's options by modifying/creating ~/.xscreensaver