Re: New computer planned -- (cleaning old keyboard)

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 02:19:36PM +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>>
>>  Maybe I should keep the keyboard I am using.
>>  It's not overly clean, but I can live with it.
>
>   How to clean a dirty (fatty) keyboard:
>
> Mix liquid ammonia concentrate (NH4-OH) + cold (!) water in a bucket;
> hold your keyboard with them keys down (!) above the bucket;
>
> use a softly scrubbing brush (horse hair = less sqirting) wetted w/ mixture
> and brush the keys from underneath, moving brush softly along their gaps;
>
> keep the keyboard upside down, so the cleaning agent will not enter any
> keyboard contact, and put the keyboard on a warm place in order to get all
> water w/ ammonia completely evaporated.
>
> (Ammonia itself won't leave any residue.)

I just use 90% pure (or better) isopropyl alcohol undiluted, and a soft, lint-free cloth.  Just spray on.  Cleans all the crud off, and evaporates quickly.  Most pharmacies carry it.  Don't mistakenly buy rubbing alcohol.  It has oil in it.  It's made for massage.  You don't want that.