xfce4-power-manager necessary

Hi,

Is it necessary to install the xfce4-power-manager?

I mainly use AC. seldom use battery.

Today went outside, so use the battery.
install the xfce4-power-manager, xfce4-power-manager-plugins and
xfce4-power-manager-data to monitor the battery remaining.
My intuitions tell me the power percent remaining and estimate time is
not accurate.

When I came back, I plugged the electricity cable, the screen became
very "bright", very strong to my eyes.

so I just removed the power-manager and restart, everything is back to before.

My Q is that:

What's the advantage to have the  xfce4-power-manager installed for me
barely use battery and if I left long I would hibernate it manually,

Thanks with best regards,